21 Dec Yule Blog Hop – The Joy of Gifting
Welcome to the Yule Tarot Blog Hop!
Yule, Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Solstice, Winter. Whatever you call this time of year, it is a season of gift giving, gift receiving and sharing with family and friends for a majority of the world. Whether Papa Noel brings you a candy cane or the Winter Witch brings you switches, it’s a time of anticipation. The anticipation of what I might be getting and what I am giving are equal joys for me. To that end, here is a spread for each of us to do.
The Joy Of Gifting
- What gift would you give the world if you could?
- What gift would you want from the world?
- What gift have you gotten that has brought you joy?
- What gift have you given that has brought you joy?
- What is one last thing you would like to share about this season?
- What gift would you give the world if you could? – Daughter of Swords – Honesty and Insightfulness – People value my frankness. I have a keen sense of observation. I often wonder if I can be too honest? Sometimes I think I can be. I do value being insightful especially to my Clients and I never dodge the truth when it comes to what the cards have to share.
- What gift would you want from the world? – Daughter of Pentacles – Responsible, Kind and Supportive. This is just so spot on. I know that there is risk of sounding all soap boxy. Take a moment to close your eyes and just imagine a world where we were all responsible for our actions, kind to everyone and everything around us and supportive? It gives me chills. I slip a little sometimes and get my bitchy pants on about some things but its just a reminder to take a look at what inside myself make me so reactive about it.
- What gift have you gotten that has brought you joy? – Four of Pentacles – Possessions and Control – It is also interesting for me as Gifts are my number one Love Language. I am so not going to apologise for that. There is nothing wrong with liking gifts and giving them. It is just not getting too possessive and letting the things you own control you. I think I may be a little attached to my Tarot and Oracle deck collection however…
- What gift have you given that has brought you joy? – Two of Pentacles – Balance and Change – A lot has changed for me as indicated with this card. The biggest change for me has becoming a mother and leaving my full time ‘Muggle’ job to be on maternity leave. I am not sure how this is something I have given, but maybe it is my time, energy and my body to being a Mum that I have given. I know that it is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me.
- What is one last thing you would like to share about this season? – Death – Closure and Transformation – On the night of the re-birth of the Sun God this is pretty cool. The long nights are about to end and we are going to be moving into a new Calendar year. It is a good reminder for me that I can do anything in 2015 and to leave any of the restrictions I put on myself behind.
Deck Used: The Wild Unknown Tarot
Thank you to Louise and everyone who has participated in this turning of the Wheels’ Tarot Blog Hops. I have really enjoyed every Sabbat with you all sharing our joint love of the Tarot. Many Yule Blessings to you all and to everyone who has been reading these posts.
Make sure you check out the rest of the Blog Hop by following the chain below.