Today, I’m going to walk you through my spiritual practice for cleansing space. This complete ritual is something I do in my living and working areas at least once every 4-6 weeks. The sacred tools that I use have been collected or made over the many years of practice I’ve had in the craft. I’ll be sharing all the tools and steps I use to cleanse my space.
You don’t need to have all of these tools or follow all of these steps.
I don’t wait for any specific time or moon phase to do the ritual. I just do it when I feel like it is needed. When things start to get a little “Casper the Friendly Ghost” in my apartment, I know it is time to cleanse again. This makes sense considering the amount of energy and magical work I do.
As with everything that I share, simply take what resonates with you and leave the rest.
The Tools I Use
- Bell – This bell is from the Witches Moon Box; it makes a clear, beautiful sound.
- Drum – I use a Celtic Drum called a Bodhrán. I made a drum years ago, but I had to leave it in Australia.
- Sage and Palo Santo – I burn both for cleansing.
- Feather – Ethically sourced from a rescue facility. You can also use a fan if you have one.
- Shell – Abalone shell
- Aura-Spray – These are from the fantastic EO Chakra Products. I use the Smudge off Spray and usually another one depending on how I feel the vibe of the space is.
- Wand – Used to create protective sigils at the space of every opening: windows, doorways, and doors.
- Black Tourmaline – I tack down black tourmaline in the arches of the doorways for protection.
The Ritual Steps
- Physically clean your space. It helps to have a cleaner living and working environment. I mean, I have a lot of stuff, but I try to keep my space tidy.
- I call in my Spirit Guides and Beings of Light for assistance.
- Light Sage and Palo Santo. Using the feather, I move the smoke around the room to cleanse it with fire, earth, and air; this removes mucky energy.
- Bell each of the rooms and the directions. Bell vibration shakes and lowers the vibe of stagnant energy free.
- Drum the room. Drums have a fantastic ability to move energy outward; that is how I feel and see the energy vibrationally when I’m cleansing.
- Aura-Spray the room. This blesses and cleanses the room with the element of water.
- Using my wand, I seal each of the openings in the room with a pentacle and seal the room with my command. “Only Love May Enter Here, So Mote It Be!”
- Place small pieces of black tourmaline by the door. I put mine up top because of Thor and my kiddo. It just helps to cleanse anyone who walks through the door.
- Thank my Guides and Beings of Light who helped me.
If I’m in a rush or don’t have time to do the whole ritual, I will usually do the elemental cleansings of the smudge and palo santo, aura spray, and the seals.
I would love for you to share your Spiritual space cleansing practices and rituals.