Hi, Tarot Lovelies,
Reading the Tarot is a wonderful and fun way to reflect and tap into your inner guidance. Some people can find reading the Tarot for themself a little tricky though. I’ve put together a guide to help you get the most out of having a Tarot reading table for one.
Why read the Tarot for yourself?
- You are your best ally.
- It will help you confirm a lot of your inner knowing.
- It is a great way to learn the meaning and symbolism of the cards.
- Great way to build on your psychic muscles
How to Read the Tarot for Yourself
- Pick any tarot deck you feel drawn to
- Use a Tarot Spread as it will give yourself a roadmap so you don’t get derailed.
- Choose a smaller Tarot spread, so there is less room for you to keep flipping cards until you get what you want.
- Connect to your inner self and ask for the guidance you are looking for; be clear and concise.
- Ask an open question about one subject. If you want to ask more than one question, do a separate reading.
- Shuffle, select and read the cards
- Keep records in your journal to reflect and be able to go back.
When Not to Read the Tarot for yourself
- When you’re too invested in the outcome.
- When you have biases that you can’t put aside.
- When you are too close to the situation.
I read the Tarot for myself, but I know when I need to consult another tarot professional. Some Tarot readers never read for themselves, opting to have other people read for them. Just go with what works for you.