27 Jun TRA TV And Podcast #9 Making the Tarot Work for You With Melissa Cynova
Welcome back to another episode of the Tarot Readers Academy TV & Podcast. The incredible Melissa Cynova, author of Kitchen Table Tarot and Tarot Elements drops a lot of #TarotTruthBombs in this episode and talks about how to make the Tarot work for you.
The Tarot can be totally approachable and Melissa and I both agree that it is an invaluable tool to help you grow. So get your eyes and ears ready for a fun and down to earth chat about the tarot. Just a warning loves, there is some swearing in this episode, Melissa and I are both #swearbears.
We cover in this episode:
- Busting some of the myths Melissa heard when she first starting working with the Tarot
- How beginners can move past these myths – gatekeeping is very limiting – elitism
- It’s now easier to understand things that were previously out of reach through modern technologies which give access to things that were previously unavailable
- Still some stigma around practicing tarot including some superstitions:
- Shuffling and cutting decks a certain
- Buying your own tarot decks
- Requiring a certain amount of training before you start reading
- Wrap in silk and sleep with it under your pillow
- Can’t read for yourself or you can only read for yourself
- If you lose a card your deck is completely ruined
- It’s mostly for women
- Whatever is practical for you is that should be what your tarot practice is – whatever works for you
- Tarot is a tool and can be used however the reader wants – saying someone’s usage is invalid because it doesn’t match yours is bullshit
- Imprinting of peoples’ religious beliefs onto the tarot. It’s ok to have a spiritual practice, to use tarot in a sacred space and carry out ritualistic readings
- That you can use the Tarot for business coaching, predictive tool, brainstorming tool
- How to make the tarot more approachable and making it your own powerful working tool
- The importance of learning the bones – core meaning to the tarot, a system, and a structure
- Everyone sees the cards a little differently – find the deck that speaks to you
- What daily practices to use to make the tarot more approachable – Research and read about individual cards and write about it in your journal
- Need to know who you are and what you want from the cards
- That the Tarot can be anything you want it to be
- Why it is important to research, question and challenge what you think you know and what is presented to you.
And so much more.
You can find Melissa’s website here – https://melissacynova.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/melissacynova/