Hi, Tarot Bumblebees,
You can manifest ANYTHING into your life with colored candles, herbs, oils, and an intention. In the blog post and video, I break down everything you need to know from choosing your candle, anointing it, carving your intention in, and I even include an easy spell for you to do! I delve deep into the details within the video, so don’t forget to check it out!
Red – Connected to spells around power, anything to do with blood magic or menstrual magic. Also sex.
Orange – Used for creativity and courage spells
Yellow – Used for spells for communication and studies
Green – Used for spells of healing and prosperity
Pink – Used in friendship, love, and romance spells
Blue – Used for emotional healing and peace spells
Purple – Used for psychic development spells and connecting with the spirits
Black – Used for all types of protection magic and for banishment
White – Used for EVERY type of spell work. If you have a spell that you want to cast but don’t have anything but white, use the white candle!
How to Anoint a Candle
1. Research what kind of oils will support your spell
2. Mix essential oil with some carrier oil. Don’t put essential oils directly on the candle.
3. Take the colored candle you want to use.
4. Time to anoint the candle. To bring something in: Start at the bottom and move into the center of the candle. To send something out, start at the middle and move from the center out. For more details, please watch the video.
5. Carve your candle in whatever way you choose.
DIY Anointing Oil Recipes
- ½ tablespoon of dried juniper berries
- 5 drops thyme oil
- 2 cups (480 ml) carrier oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 2 drops lavender oil
- ⅛ cup (30 ml) carrier oil
Good Night’s Sleep
- 5 drops lemon balm oil
- 5 drops ylang-ylang oil
- ⅛ cup (30 ml) carrier oil
Supplies you need:
- Mason jar with lid
- Carrier oil (Coconut oil, Jojoba Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive oil, Argan oil, Rosehip oil, Black seed oil, Grape Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower oil)
- Essential oils / Herbs
DIY Anointing Oil Steps
1. Clean jar inside and out
2. Place and measure ingredients
3. Add half the carrier oil
4. Add the essential oils/herbs
5. Add the remaining carrier oil
6. Cover the jar and shake vigorously, place in a cool dark place.
7. Shake jar twice daily
8. After four weeks, strain a small portion and test the scent
9. If it not strong enough, return oil to the jar and add a few more drops of each essential oil
10. Shake twice daily
11. Wait two more weeks and repeat the test
Important to know
When making with essential oils, use ⅛ cup (30 ml) of carrier oil to 10 drops of essential oil. When making with herbs, use ½ cup (120 ml) of carrier oil instead of the ⅛ cup. The additional oil helps absorb the scent and oils of the herbs. Carrier oils and essential oils are made from plants. Carrier oils are used to dilute essential oils and “carry” them to your skin. That’s because essential oils are potent and can cause irritation when applied directly to your skin. Make sure to research the carrier oil before using it!
Whenever possible, purchase organic, cold-pressed carrier oils from a manufacturer you trust. Although most carrier oils don’t cause an allergic reaction, you should always do a patch test before using them. To perform a patch test: Add a small amount of carrier oil to the inside of your wrist or just below your ear. Cover the oil with a bandage. Check back on the area after 24 hours. If irritation occurs, rinse thoroughly, and avoid future use. If you’re allergic to tree nuts, you shouldn’t use oils derived from tree nuts. This includes sweet almond oil, argan oil, and apricot kernel oil.