Happiness is a choice for sure. I do believe that in order for you to have a happy life you have to choose it. Even when the shit hits the fan it is how we view it and deal with it that matters. My happiness journey was and still is ongoing. I have been blessed to never have to struggle in a large way with mental illness but I have had some dark periods in my life. So I wanted to share some of the ways in which I find happiness and keep that energy in my life. There is also a little Tarot Spread in there for you all on Happiness.
1. Gratitude – Every single day I am filled with gratitude and I choose that outlook on life. Even when things get hard I always remember the good and that everything changes and the hard times will pass. I am filled with joy for my family and my life. I see my son and I light up on the inside that he is here with me and my partner. I am filled with love and gratitude for my boyfriend who loves and supports me in all that I do. I am one lucky lady and I never forget it.
2. Move towards my Goals – I do at least three things a day towards my goals except for at least one day a week where I just hang with family. Or at least try really hard to unplug that day. This means I am accountable for my progress and I feel like I am accomplishing things. When I can tick things off my to do list and see that my efforts are finding fruition that is the best feeling. It also keeps the momentum going which is super important.
3. Create – It took me moving and starting again but I finally put my hang ups away and got on with creating especially my art. Writing never scared me, painting did. It doesn’t any more. I paint and create for me. It is soul work. I adore it. I am even going to be putting myself more out there when my final paintings are done for the Prince Lenorand Oracle and I want to get them printed! Creating art, writing, cooking and making of all kinds is essential to my happiness.
4. Surrounded myself with amazing community online and off. – Moving country is the hardest when you have exceptional, beautiful people you are leaving. It depressed me then I slowly started making connections in my new home. I have beautiful friends in my life, supportive mothers and incredible soul sisters in business. My Instagram community is the best and I love interacting with everyone there. Yes I still miss my Tribe in Australia but I can also stay connected with them until I see them again.
5. I follow supportive, inspiring people – This is mostly on my social media streams and also what newsletters I subscribe to. I want to be around, read, see and support women who are supporting other women. I want to support any person who is walking their talk and making the world a better place. I am not into following hateful, negative people who tear people down. Here is an example. I used to read Perez Hilton for a while there but then I realised he is full of shit and is a bully. There are many instances I could go into but the final straw for me was when he bartered with Tyra Banks to get his ass on her ANTM. He was going to stop putting pictures of celebrities children on his blog for a month. Not forever like a decent fucking human should but a month. See you later man. He is a father now, I wonder if his mind has been changed.
6. I don’t watch normal tv or the news but I’m not disconnected either – Watching the news to me is like dragging my soul through the mud. I feel horrible afterwards. It’s mostly doom and gloom and straight up bullshit if you watch Fox. So I just don’t do it to myself. I will read what is going on in the world but I am not going to be sitting in front of a TV for hours a day being a zombie. Thanks to Netflix there is NO commercials telling me I am fat, need this pill or that pill or food that is full of crap. No thank you.
7. I give to charities and projects I believe in – I NEED to feel like I am making a difference even if that difference is small. Some of the amazing Kickstarter Campaigns that I have backed really make me smile. We can make a difference! Even if it’s just $5. Here are some of my favourite campaigns that I have backed and this is just one of the places that I donate to.
Donation Based Music Lessons – because music was probably my saving grace in High School
8. Foster good relationship with family as much as possible – Like all relationships they have their ups and downs and boundaries have been tried and tested on more than once occasion over the years but I am happy to say that I like my family and have a good relationship with them.
9. Get in Nature - Even though I don’t do this as much as I would like I walk in nature when I can. Getting fresh air every day is super important for me and my little guy. It helps me sleep better when I work out too.
10. Ask for help when I need it – This one has gotten easier over time and I am still not perfect at it but I am getting better. I had to put my pride aside and ask for assistance and it has made my life a lot easier. I also offer assistance when I can to people too, it is all about giving and receiving and having a good flow of energy both ways.
As always I love to have something that has Tarot involved so I have created a Happiness Tarot Spread for you all to have some fun with.
Because I’m Happy Tarot Spread!
1. Me – My current happiness metre
2. Get Happy – How can I get happier
3. Forces – External Forces – who or what is helping or hindering my happiness
4. Stay Happy – Advice on how to continue this happiness momentum
5. Future – The next 3 months (it’s a process and it requires work so don’t FREAK if if it is a non shiny card)